Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Yum - new discovery of an old stand by

I love grapenuts in my yogurt. It makes for a great breakfast. The crunchy of the grapenuts goes great with the sweet of yogurt - and it is a low calories, high fiber, healthy breakfast. I have been eating this mixture for years.

Today I did not have any yogurt (I am at work). But I did have grapenuts and a banana. So I got a cup of milk from the coffee bar downstairs and made a bowl of grapenuts with sliced bananas - YUM! The only problem is a 1/2 cup of grapenuts is 200 calories and I easily could scarf down 2 cups of grapenuts! But I used restraint and kept it at about 3/4 cups! I thought that was acceptable after doing 6 miles this morning!

So try it! And don't think I am some kind of health nut because I would still give my left arm for a bowl of Lucky Charms!

No comments: