Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Betty update

Just an update on Betty, my remaining chicken. I talked to the folks at the feed and supply store last nite and they agree that whatever killed Maverick and Rowdy could have been one of any billions of things! And what killed each of them could have been different things. They also agreed that I should treat Betty with antibiotics just in case. So this morning, I started her on a 7 day course of chicken antibiotics! I am watching her closely and don't see any signs of illness so far.

As for Betty, she seems lonely - she keeps breaking into the house when she gets a chance and if the big garage door is open, she makes a mad dash into the front yard. Yesterday she was in the front yard in the middle and Daisy Mae and Toby (2 BIG labs) playing. Pretty soon she is going to think she is a dog.

No comments: