Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Good Morning!

What a way to wake up.....

This morning at about 6 am, I was taking the dog our for a run. You know....same old routine. I am in the garage getting her collar and she starts hunting around like she smells a critter. She runs all around the garage sniffing and heads out the the side of the house. I am watching her and thinking that there must have been a cat in the garage and she smells it.

I am standing on the step going into the house and am still half asleep.....when all of a sudden, she uses her big lab nose to move a plastic bin that is located just outside of the garage. Out from behind the bin comes a HUGE rat....running straight towards me!!!!!!!! It literally jumps up on the step I am standing on and runs behind me and then jumps off the step! I screamed like I have never screamed before and went running inside and up the stairs. Jim came running like something terrible had happened to me or the dog. He said he had never heard a sceam like that and was not sure it was me or the dog!

The dog was right behind me and stood next to me on the stairs and wondering why we were not going on a run..... I was sweating, had tears in my eyes and was generally out of control! Not a good way to start the day. I have to admit, I have an un-natural fear of rats!

So when I finally calm down, I head out with the dog. While out, we go by an accident where a 16 year old girl failed to negotiate a turn and ended up crashing into someones side yard - taking out the fence, trees and bushes.

The scary thing is that where she crashed is where we run every morning.....so the moral to this story is.... that rat save my life! If I had not been delayed by the rat, it is likely that Daisy and I would have been right at the crash spot when the girl lost control! I always try to look at the positive of everything!

Now for the rest of the story... Jim and Drew went to check out the accident and got the skinny from a friend of ours. The driver was a 16 year old girl and was in her robe with negligee underneath! She said she was going to pick up a friend who was at a party (on Weds morning at 6 am!?!?!). Cops did a bunch of DUI tests and took her away.

Way too much drama for me....and all before 7 am!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there,

When I email you, it bounces back. Did you change addresses??

Also, received an email saying not to give dogs raisins or grapes. Very toxic. Thought I would share in case you didn't know that.

Teresa