Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wander Woman Tour 2013

This is my hat that says "Wander Woman" on it!

I had a number of things that I wanted to do on my sabbatical (AKA Wander Woman Tour 2013), these included:

Hike
Fish
Camp
Boat
Read books
Watch movies
Make desserts


I have given a lot of updates on the hiking, fishing, camping and boating activities and here is an update on the rest:

1.  I have made a yummy blueberry bundt cake and a yummy lemon meringue pie.  I think next up is lemon squares.

2.  I have read a number of books:

Guilty Wives by James Patterson - just ok but got far enough into it that I wanted to know what happened - so i kept reading.

tiny beautiful things Advice on love and life from Dear Sugar by Cheryl Strayed - this was a really good book by the author of one of my books Wild (about the Pacific Crest Trail)

10th Anniversary by James Patterson - good book that is part of a series with strong women characters

The No 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith - this is an interesting book about a female detective in Botswana.  It is fiction but still has a lot about the culture and way of life.  Worth the time to read it.

Next up:  Beyond the Bear by Dan Bigley - this is a book about a guy blinded in an attack by a grizzly bear.  Jim read it already and could not put it down!

3.  I have watched a number of movies:

The Heat - currently in the theater and hilarious!  I love Sandra Bullock!

Alex Cross - rented it - sort of scary/freaky/alarming adventure/murder mystery

Road Trip - rented it - hilarious, I love Barbra Streisand

This is 40 - rented it - pretty funny!


No comments: