Friday, October 14, 2011

How does it go so wrong so fast?

Being the good citizen that I am, I am planning to sign up a bunch of friends to volunteer at the Family Giving Tree. That means we will spend a few hours wrapping and sorting gifts for the underprivelged. We have done this before and it is a lot of fun. And we all bring gifts to donate to double the goodness!

So, today I sent out an email telling our group of friends that I am working on setting this up. The men of the group - who are always worried about whether there will be enough meat at an event - had the following converstation:

Jim: Will they have meat?

Mr C responds with:





Marty responds with: "Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas tree....How fatty are thy branches."



Missy (who can hang with the men in both the beer drinking and meat eating arenas, responds with: "Holy sausage batman I hope that is there when we work!"



And as the resident vegetarian, I am horrified!



How does doing good turn into a meat xmas tree in 4 short emails?

No comments: