Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Table



Gracie helped me set the Thanksgiving table. We are having Jim's folks, my folks and a friend of Anna's. We are in charge of pies, potatoes, appetizers and drinks. I have some yummy appetizers planned:
  • asiago cheese dip (warm) served with french bread
  • avocado and yogurt dip with cumin served with pita chips, carrots and jicama
  • mushrooms stuffed with panko bread crumbs and a garlic paste made from two heads of garlic and whipping cream
Jim is doing pumpkin pie and apple/cranberry pie! I am waiting all day for the apple cranberry pie!

I really wanted to do a local run this morning called the "Turkey Trot". It is a 5k run and all the money goes to local charities. I wanted our whole family to do it. But we could not get it together to register, Jim had no running shoes and Drew wanted to sleep in today....so Daisy and I went on our own 5k Turkey Trot thru the neighborhood. I thought it was appropriate that I heard the wild turkeys gobbling in the hills!

No comments: