Friday, November 30, 2007

alert!

So when I run really early in the morning, I try to be extra alert because it is DARK and SCARY! So I am on the look out for bad guys, cars rushing to work, coyotes, etc.

This morning, for the first time, I encountered something that actually stopped me in my tracks and made me leap backwards.

I know what you are thinking.... mountain lion, hooded bad guy, vicious pitbull..... NOPE!

It was a shoelace! But in the dark of morning, it looked like a snake and I was about to step right on it! My ever alert brain notified my body of potential imminent danger and I put on my brakes and leaped away. But the part of my brain that makes me react in an instant was ridiculed by the part of my brain that is logical... once I focused and realized it was a big bad shoelace!

At least I know I am ready for ANYTHING!

No comments: