Thursday, November 08, 2007

Doing the Right Thing

I try so hard to do the right thing all the time. Whether it is with my kids, my job, strangers, etc. It is just the compass that I use to live my life...

I even try to do it with my dog! Remember how I made her dog food during the dog food recall? And remember how I get up at the crack of dawn just about everyday to take her out running? Well......I am not doing a good enough job with my dog and I am mortified!

I took her to the vet this morning to get a check up and get shots. What I got was a 5 minute lecture about how fat my dog is!!!! She weighs 80 pound and the vet wants her at about 75. She obviously gets enough exercise with all the running, walking and swimming she does. The problem is that she is taking in too many calories. I can even name the calories:

  • 2 batches of banana muffins she ate off the counter, in one week
  • a sandwich she ate off the counter
  • leftovers from dinner
  • leftovers from breakfast
  • dog biscuits while playing hide and seek

So......we are turning over a new leaf! No more snackies for the dog! She is going to get weight reduction dog food.

And next time, Jim is taking her to the vet!

No comments: