Saturday, November 17, 2007

Busy Week

My fans are getting restless and calling me to tell me I am not blogging! I KNOW I am not blogging....I am too busy this week to do anything fun!

My two buddies from my former employer started working with me at my new employer this week! So I have been busy trying to bring them up to speed while also trying to keep up with work.

And in addition, in the "I can't believe they pay me for this" chapter, I have more content to add....

This was the week of our global legal retreat for 216 legal employees from around the world. It was suppose to be held at a hotel on the coast starting on Thursday morning at 9 am. On Wednesday at noon the hotel called us and told us that the hotel had an ecoli outbreak (also known as 80 of the guests had vomiting and the runs!). We put the brakes on the retreat and frantically tried to find another location. On Weds at 4 pm we found a local hotel that could accomodate a crowd that big and by 9 am the next morning we were all there eating breakfast.

Then later in the day, we had buses pick us up and take us to a local park for an Olympic Team Building event, which was a hoot! We had about 10 people on each team and competed in 6 different events:

  • jigsaw puzzle building
  • matching flags of 30 countries to the correct country
  • amoeba race
  • building a pipe and moving water thru it to fill up a bucket
  • chaos - a volleyball game with three teams and three balls at the same time
  • a race moving people across a field while not touch grass and using 2 foam mats and a log to stand on

Our team did either very well or very poorly in each event. We won two medals: one for the amoeba race and one for the field race. However, we never could complete the puzzle - we had two pieces left and couldn't figure out where they went!!!! Bunch of morons with advanced degrees!

Later that nite we did line dancing! There must have been 75 people out on the dance floor being taught different line dances by an older cowgirl with a bad outfit and bad hair!

It was all great fun and again I had to ask myself....they pay me to work here?

No comments: