Saturday, December 30, 2017

Christmas 2017

My new Instant Pot - first thing made: acorn squash - it took 10 minutes

We spent Christmas 2017 at the cabin in beautiful 65 degree weather! (But were super sad there was no snow for skiing!).  

Xmas eve games

My folks were in EDH until mid day on Xmas so we had Xmas eve with just Jim's folks at their house.  Grandma Anna made us potato leak soup and a big salad.

Stockings filled with goodies
Christmas day was spent doing the usual - opening gifts, playing games and eating too much.  Some of my favorite gifts were a bivy sack from Grace, an Instant Pot (I have wanted one for a long time!), my own pocket knife and my sushi bowls.  I am not sure what Jim and Drew would say that their favorite gifts were but for me....I loved that they both got nose hair trimmers!  LOL!  Grace was pretty happy with her new tripod and her fish eye lens.
sushi bowls - I have always wanted some!

Even Tre got a gift - a hammock.   Plus - it was his first trip to the cabin!

Elf!
 The dogs got tons of toys and stuffed animals which were all over the cabin the rest of the week!

Lots of games were played- Liars Dice, Nibs and Farkle

Prime Rib for Xmas dinner - cooked on the barrel
All in all it was a wonderful holiday and we were so happy to be able to spend it with both sets of our parents - what a true blessing!

Spent some time in the driveway with a bonfire....and the dogs!

No comments: