Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Mother's Day in Kentucky

"consort of" means husband survived the wife


We had a wonderful Mother's Day in Kentucky.  Grace and I took a walk in the morning to take pictures and wandered into an old cemetery - which I love to do.  There were people who were in the Revolutionary War buried there - which you don't see in California.  I loved the history!







Then we went home and Pat taught us how to make Derby Pie.  I had remembered eating it a long, long time ago and remembered it was yummy but I didn't even know what was in it!  Turns out it is pecans, chocolate and bourbon!  AND DELISH!



Next up was dinner with the whole family.  Jen and Jess headed over with baby Amaya - our second time seeing our sweet new family member.  And Matt had come earlier in the day so we got to play a few rousing games of Wizard and Nibs!




The highlight of the day was a tie between:

  • The Derby Pie
  • Seeing Baby Amaya
  • This ridiculous sign!

No comments: