Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Daisy Mae

Daisy Mae has been really sick with an intestinal issue and today I thought it was the end.  I had her at the vet in the morning and she stayed about an hour while they took blood, did an xray, gave her subq fluids and gave her some meds.  For about 6 hours after she came home from the vet, I thought she was dying.  She was shivering, panting and could barely stand up.

Finally around 5 pm, she turned the corner a little and took a couple pieces of chicken with some medicine in them.  Then she wanted to lay in the front window.  Then the shaking decreased.  Then she got down off the window when I fed the other dogs to see what was happening.  She tried to eat a little but I don't think much more than a teaspoon when in her mouth.  Then....she went over to Jim sitting on the couch and begged for pizza!  I quick made her some boiled turkey and rice and she ate a little!  But then the shaking started again....

I sure am hoping tomorrow is better!  I love that sweet old girlie so much.

She was laying in the bushes when she was not feeling well

No comments: