Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Kentucky Trip - Day 1

Our first day in Kentucky started a little late because we got in the night before at midnight!  We spent the morning getting know Sydney, my Aunt and Uncle's dog.


Then we headed over to my cousin Jess' house and met my new cousin, once removed (thank you Uncle Dave), Amaya.  She was one week old!  Jess and her wife, Jen were still in the throes of having a newborn but were doing and amazing job!
Amaya

Grandma Pat and baby Amaya!

Next up on the agenda was lunch at the restaurant where my cousin Matt is the Pit Master!  Matt just kept bringing us out smoked meats!  We had brisket, two types of ribs, salmon and pulled pork!  Jim was happier than a pig in mud.

We ate so much food I couldn't believe it!  It was great to see the place that Matt talks so much about.

Trying to decide what to eat

Pretzels and cheese sauce

Fried cheese balls with horseradish sauce

The Pit Master!






No comments: