Sunday, January 24, 2016

Ouchee


Drama!  On Saturday morning we had the dogs out for exercise before heading up to EDH for Auntie D's surprise 50th.  I was going to throw the stick for Hops and reached down to grab it from her...at the same time she re-gripped the stick...and she bit right thru my finger nail!


I heard crunching and knew it was bad right away.  We had to walk home before I could clean it up and get a good look at it.

I sent a pic to Drew and he immediately sent back the pic below....which was his finger injury from the day before.  His finger got shut in a cooler!


Because we had to go to EDH, I cleaned it up and called the doc from the car.  They wanted to see it so I got an appointment at 8 pm that same nite.    Below is me soaking it at the doc.  The doc barely looked at it because I had gotten it all cleaned up already.  But she ordered xrays because if there was any bones broken I would need antibiotics.


The pic below is about 12 house after the bite and it looked pretty good!


Unfortunately there was a fractured bone, so I have to take antibiotics for a week.  It is now a day and a half later and it is MUCH better.  It is not throbbing at all.  I will keep the splint on for another day or so just to protect the tip of my finger.


No comments: