Wednesday, November 20, 2013

End of Season Party

Last nite was the end of the season party for Grace's new soccer team.  It was a good time to assess the decision Grace made to join this team.  If you remember, she left her previous team after total soccer burn out.  She took about 6 months off and then decided she was ready to go back.

I myself also suffered from some soccer burn out so I told her that if she wanted to join a new team, she needed to go out and find it, try out and make the decision as to where she wanted to be.  She looked at 3 different teams and ended up with the Jaguars after considering the coaches, the team mates and the team philosophy.  No where in her decision process did the teams win/loss record come into play.

I have to say that I am incredibly proud of the decision she made.  She is on a GREAT team with a bunch of nice girls and positive, professional coaches.  It is exactly where I would have wanted her to be and she ended up there without my input.

It is funny because it wasn't until halfway thru this season that we we learned that the team had not won a game last season!  But that was not what was important to her.  And - this season was a complete turnaround for them - they won 7, lost 2 and tied one.  One of the players thinks Grace is the lucky charm because she was the only new player!

No comments: