Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Vinyasa Yoga

I can not believe it took me this long to blog about this because it was quite the experience. Last Saturday my sis in law took me to a Power Vinyasa Yoga class. She suggested it because I tend to bad mouth yoga because it never feels like a workout to me.

So I am all excited, go out an buy a new yoga mat and head off with her.

The class was 1 hour and 15 minutes and was held in a heated room....heated to about 87 degrees! So there you are doing the typical yoga routine in what feels like the middle of a desert! Think about 15 people in a hot room, in various stages of appropriate dress, sweating like pigs and standing on one leg! Not pretty!

Not pretty -- That brings me to the "appropriate dress" angle. I normally do yoga at the gym at work, which requires appropriate dress. And likely, if the work gym didn't require it, you would see it anyway, because who wants to have their "junk" hanging out in front of co-workers.

I digress....back to the "appropriate dress"...apparently in this heated yoga environment, the men think it is ok not to wear their shirts! (Remember the notes above about "sweating like a pig" and "not pretty"...just take a moment to think about that).

There was one man, in particular, that had a "top of his head mullet" and was wearing what looked like tighty whitey boxer briefs. Talk about "junk" hanging out. Let's just say I thanked Buddha that he was not in my line of site!

Overall, it was an interesting experience but I think my problem is I am too type A for yoga. But I am going to keep doing it because it is a funny addition to my work out routine. There are always great stories of grunting women, farting men and inappropriate attire.


Ohhhhmmmmmmmm........

No comments: