Friday, February 05, 2010

5k

Gracie and I are doing a 5k race together next month. We just decided to do it last week and then we both got sick, so we haven't been able to start our training.

So with only 4 weeks left to get ready, I decided today was the day to start training. Who cares that I am still coughing and blowing my nose! And because I am type A (or Triple A, as my doctor calls me) I decide the best way to train is to just start with 5k the first day! Who ever thought "easing into it" was a good idea anyway!?!?!

I got on the treadmill, started running and stopped when I got to 5k. My feet hurt a bit towards the end because I have mostly doing non or low impact cardio (elliptical, spinning) but other than that, I felt great.

Stay tuned for the details of our training over the next month. I am sure it will lead to some laughter.

No comments: