Thursday, February 04, 2010

Bodie Miller State Park


Bodie Miller State Park is my pet beta fish that lives on my desk at work. He was named "Bodie" after the state park. But then my coworker insisted he was named after Bodie Miller, the skier. So I compromised and now call him Bodie Miller State Park. I write it as BMSP.

So yesterday I was looking at Bodie and noticed his tank had a 2 inch long crack in it! It was not leaking but I had noticed water around his tank on and off over the last 2 months. But I could never determine where the water was coming from.

I wanted to ignore the crack because packing him up and taking him home is a big effort. But I was sure if I left it, I would come back to work to find Bodie's tank empty, my desk all wet and Bodie dead. So after work last nite I packed him into his motor home (AKA a water bottle) and headed home. On the way home, I stopped at Petco with the damaged tank. I showed them the crack and they immediately said to get a replacement one at no cost. I picked out a new one and then went to dump all the rocks from the old one into the new one. And boy was I surprised.....the whole bottom of the tank was full of cracks! Hundreds of them - from a couple inches long to a couple centimeters long! No wonder I had water on my desk.

I got the new tank set up last nite and this is a pic of Bodie in his new home! Now I have to haul him back to work!

No comments: