Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Well....the day is finally here

I no longer have an office....I am working from home fulltime. It is totally bitter sweet. I love to go into work, but I hate to commute. I loved my office - it had the greatest view. Very peaceful. If you did not know, my whole department is moving to an office which is about 15 miles farther away which means a minumum of 45 more minutes of commute time and I was not willing to take that much time away from my family and my self. So I went into the work from home program. I can still go into the office but I have to reserve a flex office when I go. And with the drive to get there, it won't be often.

The kids are thrilled with the new arrangement. They have been counting down the days for weeks. In fact, Gracie wanted to know if I was going to have a retirement party when I started working from home. She obviously doesn't understand the concept of retirement. The dog is going to be thrilled with the new office assignment -- someone to be with her everyday!

I will keep you posted as I make the adjustment.

No comments: