Wednesday, October 18, 2006

"o" negative - "CMV" negative

FINALLY!

Finally -- I was able to give blood after a 2 year dry spell. I have tried numerous times in the last couple years but always had too low of a red blood count to give. I fixed the issue that was causing the low red blood count and was thrilled that when I went to give blood my hemoglobin count was 13.5 as opposed to the 12.3 it has been in the past. So I am back on the "bike" and today gave the donation that makes me a 1-gallon donor!

So somewhere in the bay area some sick adult, child or baby is getting my blood. ;-)

The blood bank was thrilled to have me back in action because I have "0-" blood which is universal and it is also CMV negative which is a virus that most people have had but I have not. And they can only use CMV negative blood for premature babies!

No comments: