Friday, October 20, 2006

Happy Anniversary

So what does it feel like to be married for 16 years????? (Yep - today is our 16 year wedding anniversary!).

I have been giving it some thought and here is what it feels like:

* It feels like I must be old to be married this long. I am old but not that old! I must have been a child bride. (I was 23!)

* It feels really good that we still like each other after 16 years of marriage and that we can still laugh thru it all.

* It feels good that we have grown together as a couple in the last 16 years so that we are really a fine tuned machine. We have each worked at developing the skills that we are good at so that together our skills compliment each other.

* It feels good that for the last 16 years we have shared experiences that bind us together - including our love of the mountains.

* It feels really good that we have evolved into a strong family unit of four (plus one dog and 3 chickens) that is built on respect and love.

If I had to make a bet, I think it is a safe one to bet that we will still be happily married 16 years from now!

PS - I love you -- my big handsome hunk of husband!

No comments: