Thursday, June 22, 2006

Worn out in Kentucky!

Wow - it is hard work being a full time tourist. I have not been able to blog lately due to our busy schedule! And due to the fact that my time on the computer has been spent working!

Some highlights of the last few days:

* A few nite ago there was a HUGE thunder and lightening storm. And to us Californians, it might as well have been an Oscar Award Winning Show! We loved it! We sat out on the porch watching for an hour. The rain was incredible too.

* We went to Kentucky Kingdom (their amusement park). It has a pretty decent water park where we spent most of our time because it was hotter then hell! The wave pool was the kids favorite. I went down some straight drop off water slide and thought I would die! There was four of us on a raft and we got shot out, dropped straight down and then went back and forth in a giant funnel. I screamed like a girl!!!! The Kentucky Kingdom was great because we got to see a lot of Kentucky Hillbillies - including an 8 year old with a pierced lip and lots of size 22 women in size 6 clothing!

* The kids and I went to the Kentucky Horse Farm and went horseback riding with Jess and Nat (my cousins) while the rest of the crowd went to a Bourbon Distillery.....I think Jim is now a bourbon drinker - Oy Vey!

* We got to meet Jess' "zoo" which includes 4 dogs, 2 cats, 4 chickens and many fish! Our love of animals is genetic. Jess has a new/used beagle named Emma who I think would be a perfect girlfriend for Chad. The only thing is it would require a relocation for Chad!

* We had to make another trip to the doctors because Drew is sick with a sore throat. I swear it is never a dull moment! Being here with Grandpa, we needed to get it treated instead of letting it fester like we would have at home!

The best news is we have a new niece!! Little Amelia was born on tuesday, June 20 and is happy and healthy, as is her mama! Thank God for that!

No comments: