Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A kid from California in the mid- west

The funniest thing happened last Friday nite.

We went to a restaraunt in Waukegan, IL that my parents have been eating at for 40 years. It is called the Quonset Hut. It is a famous place for our family because my parents think it has the best pizza in the world and my brother and I have always thought that it was disgusting! And now that we have spouses our spouses agree with us. The pizza crust is thin and tough - like cardboard - and the cheese is greasy. And if you get sausage it is even greasier! And the mushrooms they use are canned! Ick!

Anyway, it also tends to be a bit of a dive. So we go there on Friday nite with my mom's whole family and after dinner we were all sitting around chatting and Drew taps me on the shoulder and says "what's that?"..... and points to an ashtray! The kid is 10 years old and has NEVER seen an ashtray. He honestly did not know what it was!

No comments: