Monday, August 03, 2015

Enchantments Adventure

Boy do we have an adventure planned!  Grace and I are going to backpack in Washington in a place that is considered the premier backpacking location in the state!  Check out these sites for details:
 
Washington Trails Association description:  http://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/enchantment-lakes


It is a girls only trip with a girlfriend of mine from grad school (Susan) and 2 of her old lady friends!  Grace will be the youngest by about 30 years!  I was honored when Susan told me there is nobody else in the world that she would want to be in the wilderness with for 4 days with than me!  And that makes me proud because she is a bad ass lady and wicked smart!

So here are some of the highlights that we know right now:

  • It will be an 8 mile hike on the first day with a 4000 foot elevation gain!
  • There will likely be rain and possibly snow!
  • There are mountain goats that will lick you if you let them....we will not let them!
  • Grace will be skipping a week of school and spending her 16th birthday with her mom, in the woods, doing bad ass stuff!  Doesn't get any better than that for making memories.
  • I feel better that Grace is joining us because she is a McGyver and can add more value than I can if we get into any trouble! 
Stay tuned....

No comments: