Saturday, August 22, 2015

Backpacking trip update


I have been doing a lot of training and planning for the backpacking trip.  The pack above is the one I have been using at work for training.  I put 20 pounds of hand weights in it and then do 15 minutes on the stair master followed by 30 minutes on the treadmill at a steep incline.

The pack below is my brand new pack.  I went to REI and spent 2 hours trying on different packs.  They fill them up with sand bags so you can get a feel for how they will feel out on a trail.  I was sure I would go with a brand called Osprey but hated it right away.  This is Deutar bag and it gets really good reviews. 




Above is me using my new backpack for the first time.  Jim and I did a quick 3.5 mile hike last nite at ST park, just to test it out.  It felt great!



This is me this morning - I traded in my new pack for a little angel!  Grace and Mari were also on this hike.  OH!  And Hops!

No comments: