Monday, February 10, 2014

Roomba RIP


I took today off because I had a migraine and slept til about noon.  While I was sleeping I shut my bedroom door and let roomba my robot vacuum cleaner run downstairs.  When I woke up and came downstairs she was back on her charging station but making a weird high pitch sound I had never heard before.  I tried turning her on and off and moving her on and off the docking station but it still made the noise.  I sort of thought it might be my migraine making me hear things....plus I was not thinking very clearly from the headache, so I was a bit confused by the whole thing.

So, I chose to ignore it.

I ate some lunch and sat on the couch.

Every once in awhile I would hear her let out a couple beeps.

Then after awhile, she started running all by herself!  But it was only the brushes and not the wheels to propel herself.

I went over to see what the heck was going on and found that she was also making a slow dying noise!

I took out the manual and there was nothing about roomba turning herself on and refusing to turn off.  So I got online and talked to someone at the company who said this was really unusual.  While talking to them, she finally turned off but still made the moaning dying sounds until I finally took out her battery.

What a very strange experience!

I have left her all disassembled for when Jim comes home!

Poor Roomba!

No comments: