Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Day 2 - Mt Hood Meadow

Before first run
On day 2 we went to the Meadow Resort.  We went early because a big storm was expected mid day.  We got there at 9 and it was barely snowing but within an hour there were  huge flakes and swirling snow.  The conditions on the slopes got bad - windy and blowing snow.  Jim and Grace skied 14 runs between 9am and 1:30pm and decided to call it a day.

I was smart enough to go out early for my snow shoe hike.  I got covered with snow but it was not as bad as it could have been.  While hiking, I found the location where they keep the explosives for avalanche control.  In fact, I could hear some of the explosions while I was hiking!


Taking a break

About halfway thru the day

Explosive huts
Warning!


Hiking into the resort from my snowshoe hike


No comments: