Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Sharing the Journey

You may remember that last year I worked to get Parents Helping Parents (PHP) a grant to help with implementation of their "Sharing the Journey Program"

The Sharing the Journey program brought families together to better understand the resources and services, to learn that the highs and lows of grieving states are a normal part of adjusting to having a child with special needs. These parents were taught how to navigate complex systems of care while feeling more knowledgeable and less alone.

PHP just sent me a final report on the sessions and this was some feedback from one of the attendees:

“Thank you so much for conducting the sessions and giving my husband and
me the opportunity to meet, connect, learn, and enrich ourselves with
knowledge. Most of all, thank you for creating a place where we could share
and hear and know that we are not alone. "Sharing the Journey" is a great
journey and each family with children with special needs should experience it.”

Makes me so happy that I could do a little bit of work to help a bunch of families!


No comments: