Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Yesterday - in brief

Yesterday was a pretty rough day. You know all aout the Chiweenie enema, which is a story in and of itself. However, it only gets better if I tell you about the rest of the day!

I started out the day with a migraine. I thought it was pretty managable, so I went about my day taking Gracie to ed therapy at 7:30 am. It was a managable migraine from the perspeciteve that I lived thru it....but I was miserable. I was driving to ed therapy with a bag in my lap because I suddenly felt like I was going to throw up.

Migraines make my brain not work right, so I have to struggle to work - which I did -all day - including three conference calls!

Then Gracie decided she felt sick and stayed home from school. But I told her, "you can stay home but you can't talk to me because my head hurts to bad". So she just laid low with the sick Chiweenie on the couch.

Finally around 1 pm, I started coming out of the migraine fog enough to realize how sick the Chiweenie was. And that, of course, led to the vet trip. (See previous post)

Which caused me to miss Drew's soccer - which the lost - 9 to zero - OUCH!

I got home from the vet in time to scarf down a lentil quesidilla (yum) and head to a panel lecture consisting of kids in high school talking about their learning differences, with Gracie. We listened for 2 hours, went to get ice cream and got home at 9:15 pm.

When I look back on the day, I can not believe I was (a) able to hold it together with a migraine and (b) get all that stuff done! Truly an amazing human feat!
Or a truly stupid lady who should have just gone back to bed yesterday!

No comments: