Friday, March 27, 2009

Croup

Gracie woke up yesterday morning at 5 am with a striations type cough - that is like croup gone bad. She literally could barely breathe and was whistling and struggling when trying to take a breath. She had gone to bed the night before and was fine. It was super scary and was the closest I have ever come to calling 911 as a mom.

I was reaching way back in my memory banks to try to remember what to do in such situations. Luckily I thought to put her in the shower and the steam slowly made her better. We followed it up with a humidifier, warm tea with honey, lots of 7up and cranberry juice and a whole box of popsicles!

She was better last nite but still got up at 3 am and stood in the shower for awhile because she was coughing - ut it was nothing like the previous nite.

She doesn't seem to be sick - no fever and no other symptoms. I guess time will tell if it turns into something.

No comments: