Friday, March 27, 2009

Leapin' Lizards

Last nite, I went on a walk with my dear friend Heather and her daughter Lauren. And we had three dogs with us. We were cruising along when I spotted a baby alligator lizard! Being a person who comes from a long line of lizard catchers, I immediately saw the opportunity! Being a good friend, Heather took the role of dog holder and took all the dogs while I prepared to "hunt" this lizard. I quickly leaped into action and grabbed him on the first try. But then...I had a problem....what do I do with this lizard for the rest of the walk? Luckily, Heather had a water bottle which she agreed to drink quickly so we could use it as a lizard holder!

So I try to put the lizard into the water bottle and it leaps out of my hands! I start jumping around trying to catch it while Heather and Lauren start jumping around trying to get out of the way! At one point it runs right by Heather and I scream "Heather, get it!" And she screams - "No way!" I ended up getting him again and brought him home. Gracie set up a nice little home for him and tomorrow we need to go find little crickets.

No comments: