Monday, February 23, 2009

Last week

I am not sure where last week or the weekend went. It is all a big blur. But here are some highlights:

* Drew did a tremendous crash on his bike and got road rash all over his elbow. I saw the whole think happen and as it was happening I was thinking to myself....that is really dumb! And it was! He was using a ramp set on top of the curb to ride down the grass and jump into the street. DUH?!?! I thought for sure it was a broken arm or collar bone. But NO! As Jim would say, "that boy is built like a brick shit house!"

* Gracie's hockey team won again! Gracie was awesome even though she took a puck and a stick to the knee causing a big bruise.

* We all went walking yesterday in the rain. Went up on the levee and got all muddy! Dogs needed a bath when we got home, but it was all great fun!

* My company has a bike that has a camera and satellite hooked up to it so that the camera takes a picture every minute and then uploads it to a photo sharing site! Next weekend, I am going to bring the bike home to play with! We are thinking up some good places to take it. Any suggestions?

* I am reading this ridiculous book called Ice Hunt. It was really good at first. Lots of action. It is set in the arctic circle in an underground ice mountain. It was a Russian sub and research station that the US found. And there was great mystery surrounding the work that was done there. The Russians did not want the Americans there so they started attacking. All that was fine.....but then they introduced monsters into the story line!!! They are part whale, part shark, land dwelling monsters that come alive when they thawed from the ice. What??? Are you serious!? The monsters chase after and eat people. The problem is, I want to see what happens in the end, so I keep reading!

No comments: