Sunday, September 21, 2008

Letter of Recommendation II


Dear Bull Dog Rescue Group,

My name is Chad and I am a beagle. And although I don’t like to admit it, I have special needs. You see…I have terrible allergies. They are so bad that I sometimes take 6 different medicines at once. AND, I don’t like them!

Anyway, every year my family goes to Maine for 2 weeks in the summer. When they go there, I can’t go with them because I am afraid of airplanes. So instead of going with them, I go to the PML Summer Camp. This means Chris and Family take care of me and take me to their cabin in the mountains. When I am with them, they take extra special care of me, including taking me for walks everyday, taking me camping, taking me hiking, letting me watch deer, giving me all my medicine and letting me lay in front of the air conditioner when it is hot out. But more than anything they treat me like a family member and take extra care because of my special needs. At night when we camp, I get to sleep in a sleeping bag with someone or they help me put on my doggy Patagonia and then wrap me like a doggy burrito in a blanket. Daisy Mae is also always very kind to me and even let’s me sleep in her bed while I am visiting. I always bring my own bed….but I like Daisy’s better.

The first year that Chris took care of me, my kids (well…the kids I live with) were young and very sad that I was not able to go with them on vacation. Chris wanted to make sure the kids knew that I was taken care of so she put together a scrapbook called, “Chad’s Summer Vacation”. The picture showed here is me and Daisy Mae dressed as Sonny and Cher. The scrapbook is a favorite of my family’s and sits on our living room table so that it can be shared. I am always a little embarrassed by my celebrity status, but when you look this good in a wig, everyone treats you special!

So, I just wanted to put in a good word for Chris and Family as there is no other family that could take better care of a dog.


Sincerely,
Chad
(AKA Chad-o-Matic, Chadster, Chadwick, Chadman, Chadmeister, Beagle Sausage – these are all the nicknames the Chris' Family gave me!)

No comments: