Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bagel Day - # 2 - Why I Love Where I Work!

This is in reference to Bagel Wednesday, which was instituted last week at work:

Are they gone?”

Cecil peered fearfully from a file cabinet at tattered bits of bagel boxes on which employee swarms had descended moments before. They had consumed the bagels, staples, and other loose objects in seconds. Even paint strips had been gouged from the walls.

“I think so,” Amit said, poking his head out from behind a copy machine. He paused, seeing a familiar form lying prone by the mailboxes. “Ron, are you all right?”

“My leg!” Ron groaned. “They gnawed off my leg!”

“I think we need a better plan for next week,” Amit said. “Like maybe John could deliver the bagels under lock and key and nobody gets near them until a time lock opens?”

“Or maybe we could randomly generate bagel lottery numbers on my Mac,” Ron said, hopping on one foot. “It shouldn’t take more than a few weeks to set that up.”

“Or maybe we could just get more bagels,” Cecil said. “It seems like that would be easier.”

And so it would.

Tomorrow morning we will have more bagels, and we will be putting them out by the mailboxes at 9 a.m. so they aren’t all gone before most legal employees fight their way here through traffic. It’s a bold plan, a crazy plan, but it just might work.

Turn up tomorrow and find out!

******

I know it seems petty and unimportant....but bagel Wednesdays are one of the highlights of my week! Free bagels and the comedy that comes with them! Ilove my job!

No comments: