Sunday, September 30, 2007

Honorary Italians

This weekend we were officially named "Honorary Italians", which allowed us all to work for free making chicken Parmesan sandwiches at the Italian Festival. Tina organized all the volunteer troops and the supplies, in order for us to make and sell about 1000 sandwiches. The sandwiches were bbq chicken on garlic ciabbatta bread, with homemade marinara sauce and mozzarella and Parmesan on top. All of it was made at the festival on a rented bbq!

The kids and I worked from 3:30 to 9 pm on Saturday and from 11am to 1 pm today. Drew actually worked more because he went with Tina and Marty today at 8 am. It was a lot of fun and it is nice to know that we could all work in food service if we needed to!

I hope someone will send me some pics that I can post.

PS - in honor of the event, I wore my "Guess What Chicken Butt" shirt!

No comments: