Wednesday, April 18, 2007

No Junie B for me....

I have decided against getting the French Bulldog. I had a long talk with the breeder tonite and she has lost 3 of the 4 pups to some type of respitory problem. The one left does not seem to be afflicted as she is thriving. I also found out the the mother dog has behavioral problems - aggression. She has actually removed the mother from the remaining puppy for fear that she will hurt it and/or teach it aggressive behavior. With the mother's history and the known health issues of the siblings, I decided this puppy is high risk and I am not willing to take the risk.

We discussed it as a family and everyone agreed that it is not a good fit for our family. I was proud to see the kids working thru the data we had and not making an emotional decision. I hope it is a lesson that they will take forward in their lives and apply to other situations.

So we are sad but pleased that we made the right decision.

We will continue to keep our eyes peeled.....

No comments: