Friday, March 30, 2007

Medic!!!

Just picked up the kids from school and took them to get a slurpee on the way home (it is hot!). When driving home, I turned a corner to see a little girl laying in the sidewalk face down. I pulled over and jumped out of my truck. She was laying face down and whimpered when I started talking to her. Then she turned around and sat up. Apparently she had fallen off her bike and lived around the corner and her brother was on his way to get her mom. She was crying and said her leg and hand hurt. I stayed with her for a few minutes until her dad came. I think she was fine - just dramatic! I had the kids come out of the truck to see if she knew them to try to comfort her because I was not going to drive away leaving her sitting there crying. She said she didn't know the kids but knew where we lived because she has seen Daisy in the front window --- Daisy was hanging out the drivers window of the truck!!! I loved that she stopped crying and smiled when she told me she has seen Daisy in the window! See how Daisy Mae brightens everyones lives!!!

Every family needs a dog!

No comments: