Thursday, March 22, 2007

It is all in who you know.....

I have often been given a bad time because of all the people I know who have some kind of info or contact to get info, product or services that helps me out! Whether it is someone who knows someone in a position of importance/power, or its a mechanic that let's me borrow his truck while he fixes my truck, or its someone who knows someone who is breeding the type of dog I want..... I have been pretty successful at reaching out to those who can help me out. But at the same time, I always feel that I return the favor whenever possible.

So anyway, this leads to my thoughts this morning about MY neighbor vs other people's neighbors. I have a friend whose neighbor delivers babies..... My neighbor, Rob (who is Toby's dad -- Toby is Daisy Mae's best dog friend) delivers bread and baked goods. When I break things down, delivering babies may be considered a more prestigious way to make a living BUT delivering bread/baked goods is a much better occupation when it comes to real life. This morning I found 4 bags of Pepperidge Farm cookies on my porch. I bet my friend with the neighbor who delivers babies didn't find a baby on her porch this morning.....nor would she have wanted to find a baby!!! But ME.....I LOVED finding the cookies!!!!

The moral of the story....surround yourself with people who add value to your life and to whom you can return the favor!

Thanks Rob!

No comments: