Thursday, November 02, 2006

Gait Analysis

Yesterday I had a gait analysis done for running. It was really interesting.

They look at your shoe and where it is worn, how you walk, how your arch is and take careful measurements of your feet. Turns out that I have mild pronation and they recommend a certain type of insert to make me run in a more neutral position. This more neutral psoition may help my IT band pain.

But that most interesting piece of data is I have been wearing shoes that are to small! Although they fit fine when standing around, when you run your feet swell (makes perfect sense) and if the shoes are too small it puts pressure on your toes and feet in general....thus that is why I have foot pain.

Well worth the 15 minute investment to go talk to a professional!

No comments: