Thursday, November 16, 2006

My life....

I was out running this morning and started thinking about how I keep hearing about this person or that person who is training for a marathon or triathalon. I have always thought I would like to do a marathon or better yet, a half marathon. It would just take some focus to increase my running distances over time.

But then I kept thinking....my LIFE is a marathon and I train for it everyday...not just the physical part of it but the emotional and mental part of it also. Anyone who works fulltime, has kids, gives a 100% to those kids and helping them develop into responsible adults, tries to spend meaningful time with friends and family, cares for chickens and a dog, works out everyday and also tries to give back to the world.....is in a marathon! You just don't get the t-shirt!

So at the end of my life, there will be no regret about not running a marathon.

No comments: