Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Hallelujah

Hallelujah is defined as "a shout of joy, praise or gratitude. ". When I screamed hallelujah today, it was for all those reasons......because......someone other than Maverick laid an egg!!!!!!

You see....I run an assisted living home for young hens who think they are too good to lay eggs. Only Maverick lays eggs regularly which means I get 7 eggs a week instead of 21! So basically Rowdy and Betty are "kept" hens. I guess that makes me their "sugar mama"!

So I go out there this afternoon and there are 3 eggs: 2 of Mavericks and one from someone else. It has been so long since the other two laid that now I can not remember who lays to light tan oblong egg s....so I am not sure whose it is.

But rest assured after screaming hallelujah, I informed them all that the egg was beautiful and that they were chickens and should be laying one each day.

Let's see if that works to motivate them!

All they did was cluck and wonder where the treats were!

No comments: