Thursday, March 02, 2006

New hobby

I have a new endeavor that I have been anxious to tell everyone about ...I have a worm farm! Yes! You read that right -- a worm farm!!! I know you are thinking, "what the h*ll does a business ethics director suburbanite hockey mom need with a worm farm." I actually think that myself but it seems to make perfect sense because I can grow my own worms to give as treats to my chickens. It saves me the time of having to dig up worms in the front yard....which always causes a stir because every one of the neighborhood kids wants to know what I am doing. Which then leads to having to bring the chickens into the front yard so they can see them.

The best part of the story is that I sourced my worms from a real "man's man" fishing supply store and when Jim brought me in there and the guy asked what I wanted to catch with the worms (he wanted to make sure I got the right kind), he didn't know what to say when I told him, "I want to catch chickens". Jim just shakes his head. And the kids think that all moms have chickens and worm farms.

I particulary liked when I showed the farm to my 3 and 5 year old nephews and they almost gagged! All while Gracie was digging in to find a big juicy one for Betty! Oh! The simple joys!

No comments: