Monday, December 28, 2020

Xmas 2020

Xmas 2020 was bittersweet.  It was good to be at the cabin, employed and healthy but we missed our families and had to make do with a zoom xmas.
Ahi made out like a bandit with a new sleeping bag for camping and pet grass for me to grow.  First of all, she gets cold while camping so she sleeps inside my sleeping bag which leaves little room for me.   However, Ahi seemed lukewarm to the new sleeping bag but Hops loved it!  So back to the drawing board for ideas to get Ahi out of my sleeping bag.   Secondly, Ai likes to eat grass but at the cabin and in the backyard at home, there is an extreme shortage.  So G got me this kit to grow out own!   I have already planted it and have little sprouts.  If it works well, we will be growing more.

This was Astrid's first, and likely last, xmas with us.  She seemed to enjoy the day and followed Hops' lead.  We will miss her next year but hopefully she will be with her new person providing much needed support.
Uncle B got Jim this cool Oregon State board and new "vintage" hat.
This is pretty much the way I feel most days during the pandemic!
A new travel mug from my mom!
This was an experiment - tea drops that you just drop into water and stir for a cup of tea.   The taste is good but they are lightly sweetened which is not the way I enjoy my tea.  But we will keep trying them.
A gift from Auntie D which is unique to this year - a chain to hold your mask around your neck!
The best part of this one is Uncle B has a matching shirt.  They plan to wear them when they trade the beardies (the usually meet somewhere in a parking lot).  The nerd reptile niece didn't fall far from nerd uncle tree!
Oh YEA!  Goats milk caramel from Big Picture Farms. A real holiday treat.
And while I was ordering caramel, I got myself a goat sweatshirt.....because....why not!?  Anything goes this year!
After opening gifts, I took the hounds out to fetch sticks behind the cabin.

 One last gift, we got this for Jim.  It's cool that it shows the shape of our lake and lake facts.

No comments: