Saturday, February 16, 2019

Why do I have dogs??

Are we done yet?

I often ask myself why I have dogs.  They take so much work, time and money.  Yesterday was one of those days....

We had a vet appointment for Ahi and Hops.  Hops needed:  vaccination, heart worm test, heart worm meds, flea and tick meds and for the vet to look at her itchy feet.  Ahi needed a nail trim, heart worm meds and flea and tick meds.

I don't really like a foot bath!

Let's talk about Ahi first:  She needed her nails trimmed and I have stopped doing it myself because it is such a fight.  She ends up hysterical and I end up angry and sweaty!  I decided to let the professionals manage her.  And with that, I decided to drug her before the appointment so she was calm.  We gave her the meds an hour before the appointment and off we went!  At the vet we muzzled her and gave her to two vet techs.  We could see her through the window as they tried to cut her nails.  After about 5 minutes of them trying to wrestle her, they brought her back with ONE nail cut!  One nail - not one foot!  So they asked us to hold her and got two more nails done before calling it quits!  The next nail trim will need to be done under anesthesia! The meds did not work at all....at the vets office...but for the rest of the evening at home, it was like we lived with a little stoner!


Hops is a much better patient.  She happily got her shots, had an exam and had her blood drawn.  She also got a prescription for more allergy meds because her feet are super itchy and she is madly chewing on them. The vet also suggested that we do foot baths for her using Aveeno Oatmeal Bath!  The pics here show the bath.  She was not super pleased about the event.  It wore her out so much she needed to sleep on her back to air dry her feet!

No comments: