Thursday, January 08, 2015

Flash!


A couple weeks ago I was heating up some tea in the microwave and it started sparking!  It scared the crap out of me.  I immediately took out my tea and put in a mug of water to test it again.  This time no sparks.

Fast forward to a few days ago and I was heating something up in the morning and it started sparking again.  I left a note for the kids and Jim and told them not to use the microwave.  That led to all kinds of texts...."what is wrong with the microwave", "what happened", etc.

That afternoon I come home from work to find  the microwave on the counter and the story that Jim and Drew moved it up onto the counter so they could better see it spark.  They tried it and it did the same thing.  Luckily I came upon the scene before they had a chance to take it in the garage and do more experimentation.

Anyway, here is our new microwave.  It is a basic, inexpensive microwave.  I figured that since the last inexpensive microwave lasted 12 years, this was the way to go.

No comments: