Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Breakdown


Jim went and picked up the mini last nite at the shop at 10 pm.  I left for work at 6 am.  I got down the street and noticed the flat tire light was on.  I turned around and had Jim check the tires.  Since it had just gotten new tires and brakes and the tires looked fine, it was likely a sensor.  We decided I should head into work and he would call Paul and let him know.

I went about 7 miles and while in line in stop and go traffic on an on ramp, smoke started billowing out from the hood!!!!  I quickly pulled over to a spot right by the yellow crash bins filled with sand and leaped out of my car!  I seriously bailed out because if it was on fire the engine compartment is only about 3 inches from my knees!  The car is soooo small.

It turned out to be steam, not smoke.  I drove the car about 1/4 mile off the freeway so I was safe and called AAA.  This is a pic of it getting loaded for a ride to Paul!

The bad part of this story is the Tahoe is already at the shop getting the transmission we just had replaced checked out because it is still acting a little wonky.  So we have 3 out of our 4 vehicle NOT working!

I am really resisting getting a new rig but this is getting hard!

No comments: