Saturday, March 29, 2014

Cherry Lake Update

Grace, Tina, Marty and I are at the cabin this weekend.  Marty, G and I went out on a boondoggle today and learned some great info about Cherry Lake.

We were driving out to Cherry Lake Road to see how far we could get down the road when we saw an awning and a bunch of cars parked across from Rainbow Pool.  So we drove down to check it out....

They were doing a volunteer event to clean out Rainbow Pool after the Rim Fire and a mudslide that followed.

We walked down to check out the Pool area and I talked to a Ranger and asked him about Cherry Lake.  Here is the story:

Cherry is green all around it.  It was only hit by spot fires.  He said if you stand on the boat ramp it looks completely normal.  It is closed thru this year because the road there is unsafe due to burned trees along the sides of the road.  He did not know which road would open first but thought it might be the one to Sonora since that is the side where the mills are.

I literally teared up when I heard the story!  Yippeeeeeee!  I can wait now that I know Cherry is ok!

No comments: