Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Air Balloon


 I woke up this morning, opened the blinds and saw what looked like a garbage bag on our roof - but it had seams in it!

After some investigation, we thought that it was a little home made hot air balloon.

But then a girlfriend told me it was a lantern and that her family let's them go in England.  Here is what I found about them:


"Sky lanterns are so simple to use, you can invite your guests to join the fun! With guests lighting and releasing their own sky lanterns, you can coordinate a larger launch while making everyone part of the excitement.

When purchasing sky lanterns for your festivities, it is important to consider quality. Lanterns made from common rice paper are flammable and delicate, while our lanterns use superior materials that are both fire-retardant and biodegradable."

I wish it would have had a note on it saying where it came from.  And I am glad it was not released in the middle of fire season.


No comments: