Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Maturity




It is really fulfilling to watch my kids grow and mature.  When they were young, it was fulfilling to watch them do things like get dressed by themselves or buckle their own car seat.  Now I am finding the joy in watching them mature and make good decisions.

Drew has really grown in the last 6 months and I am so proud of the young man he is becoming.  Here are a couple examples that I don't want to forget:


1.  The gal who is currently administering an accommodations test for the SAT provided me with the following feedback after one of their sessions:

"I just wanted you to know that I really enjoyed working with Drew this morning! As I told his dad, I do not often meet a high schooler as centered, or grounded, as Drew appears to be. It was really fun hearing him talk about your family life, as he clearly has such respect for both of you. It is clear that you have contributed greatly to his self-esteem and acceptance of his learning challenges."

2.  He said grace at xmas dinner and was so poised and genuine that it brought tears to my eyes.  He thanked the lord for the good food and the good family time we have had at the cabin. 

He is a good kid and is going to make a tremendous husband and father some day!

No comments: