Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Idiot!

On my way to work this morning at 6 am, in the rain, I saw a hit and run accident on the freeway!  I could NOT believe that someone would rear end someone and then drive away.  Here is how it went down:

We are in stop and go traffic where one freeway merges into another.  I am in the second lane in and I am driving the mini, so I leave LOTS of room between me and the car in front of me.  I am just starting to go and the pickup truck in front of me rear ends the sedan in front of him.  It was not a huge crash - just a slow motion run into the car in front of you type of thing.  And I think, "bummer, bad way to start the day; good thing I am so careful in this mini or I would have been the third car in that accident."

The sedan (i.e. victim) starts to pull over to the side of the road.  The pickup truck starts to follow and then changes his mind, gets back in my lane and keeps going!  What an idiot!  I followed him for about a mile and got his licence plate number, got off the freeway and called the highway partol!

Can't wait til the highway patrol shows up at his door tonite!

No comments: